How to deal with rats and mice04 June 2018
Rats and mice continue to remain two of the top pests found in both domestic and commercial properties, so how do you stop them getting in?
From physical damage to your home to disease and bacteria associated with rodent droppings, rodents in the home pose a serious threat. Rats and mice have been known to chew through electrical wires, posing a fire hazard. Given the chance rodents will find just about any way to sneak into your home. Whether they are looking for food or simply a nesting site, if you haven’t taken preventative measures, they could choose your home. Rodents tend to be rapid breeders. Some species breed year-round, and populations are maintained through constant reproduction.
Here are our top tips on how to deal with rodent prevention:
- Store food in metal or glass sealed containers.
- Clear up any food waste and crumbs from the sink, work surface and floor.
- Ensure pet food is stored away when not in use. its-time-for-mice-to-move-in
- Empty bins regularly and make sure lids are securely fitting.
- Eliminate any food fragments from or around outside bins.
- Compost bins should be fastened tightly.
- Keep your house and garden clean and keep garden clutter to a minimum to reduce hiding places.
- Avoid organic food waste in compost heap as this can attract rats.
- Remove items which can be used to make nests such as cardboard.
Secure the building
- Fill holes in exterior walls, roofing cavities and eaves – especially if you have an attached garage!
- Look behind furniture, in the corners and cabinets for any potential pest entryways.
What is the quickest and most effective way to get rid of rodents?
Call in the professionals.
At Abate Pest Management Services we can implement effective rodent control solutions that are specifically designed for your home. Not only that but we can also offer advice on how to make your premises less attractive to rodents.
If you think you have a rodent infestation please call Abate Pest Management Services now on 0800 980 9609 and speak to our experts about our fast, effective rodent control treatments. You can also visit our website for more information